Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Down The Forest Path

I have always felt slightly self conscious about my artistic process.  I often paint over sections and start over covering up flaws and mistakes under layers and layers of paint. For awhile the thought of showing a work in progress (WIP) sent me into an anxiety ridden panic attack but I eventually decided that I was ready for the challenge.
 



I had this particular painting well thought out before I started so I felt reasonably confident that I could get through it without any massive mistakes. I was also experimenting with different coloured under painting as I really wanted to bring out the depth and richness of the forest foliage.
 






In the end I managed to capture the light shinning through the leaves onto the path. This painting gives me a sense of peace and tranquility and reminds me of adventurous days in my childhood.

This painting is for sale on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment