Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sketchbook Project (Limited Edition)


For the past six months I have been working on my contribution to the Art House co-op Limited Edition Sketchbook project. I chose the theme "the Secret and how to tell it" and dove into the project without a game plan, colour scheme or chosen style.


 I expected it to turn out really random but through the process of haphazardly creating I found similar tangents and styles were developing in my work and how I approached my topic. Some of the more meaningful pages are rudely interrupted by random birds and what not but that is part of what I like about it so much. It's a sketchbook and therefore random! I have also honed my skills concerning water colour pencils and a slightly more illustrative style that developed during this endeavor.
 The journey has been fulfilling and I honestly cant wait to get started on a new one. It has been a great side project to keep my creativity flowing and I will be joining the sketchbook project for 2013 for sure!
I have now mailed my sketchbook to the Brooklyn Art Library where it will be exhibited along with roughly 5,000 other sketchbooks in the storefront reading room. In the fall it will be published online and reach an even greater audience. 

I enjoy this project because it gives my art the chance to reach a wider audience and if my sketchbook is appreciated by just one person then it was all worthwhile. 
Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment if you have anything to say about my work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment