Sunday, March 18, 2012

Morning Yoga

While I have always appreciated the gentle flow and meditative influences of yoga I never thought that it was for me. As a dancer I have spent many hours lunging and stretching and I was under the impression that I would be bored by it. These feelings changed when I saw this video, which has prompted me to explore the yoga world and integrate it into my life.
For me yoga is about breathing and stretching and making your body and muscles work together. Wholeness is the ultimate goal. I have been spending at least half an hour a day working through my body pains following different online yoga videos and intend on working my way up to an hour. This is my third week of yoga and while it hasn't fixed my body it has helped me feel less broken and at peace with my physical situation.
Here is the video that started it all!



How do you start your mornings?

No comments:

Post a Comment