Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pot hole Gardner

Growing up I spent many hours playing with my doll house and all of the miniature furniture in it. Creating my own little world was always a treat. The Pothole Gardner does just that out in busy city streets, creating small gardens in cracked pavement and pot holes. Sometimes it is just a rose bush in the cracked cement and other times small shrubs are accompanied by miniature furniture creating a small haven.
As a social experiment it is interesting to hear feedback from people passing by. I love how these gardens brighten up the streets creating small oasis in unexpected places, however they are not very practical and are unlikely to make it through the week. I commend the Pot hole Gardner for their innovative ideas and short term gardens that bring a little novelty to the world.
Watch this segment from their documentary "Holes of Happiness" to see the joy that these miniature worlds bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment