Saturday, April 14, 2012

Asylum

I have always found great beauty in the decay of aging buildings and items. When I open an antique book I think of all the others before me that held that same tome in their hands, examining each page and studying the words written there. I get the same feeling when I walk through an old building; I think of all the other souls that have walked down those same halls and stood in those rooms, their stories delight me and my imagination. As time ticks by there is a constant cycle of decay and renewal and I think it is important to stop and reflect on ages past and find the beauty in even the most dire situations.
This video was created using over 35,000 still photographs of and abandoned Asylum. Opened in the 1920's this Asylum was closed down decades ago and has remained untouched since the last employees departed. A porthole into the past and the horrors of that time accompanied by an original score this video highlights the delicate beauty of the imagery that is left.


Asylum from Drew Geraci on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment